<looks around cautiously> um... hi 0_0

:: Public Chat :: OOC

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

<looks around cautiously> um... hi 0_0

Post  tachicar on 26th August 2008, 14:20

Khar, Tachicardia here..

Hey all! Put the flame throwers down, I just wanted to stop in, say "Hi", and see how everyone is doing. I'm currently getting set for Warhammer and was just got to thinking about everyone. I'll keep it short and sweet, though. Hope all is well and maybe I'll see some of you on the battlefield. Not entirely sure what server we're slated to destroy yet, but if anyone is interested in keeping in touch, I'd love to see what everyone is up to, nowadays.

mush <3,
-Khar/Tachi

tachicar

Back to top Go down

Re: <looks around cautiously> um... hi 0_0

Post  Evangel on 26th August 2008, 14:53

hia khar, nice to see you again

Evangel
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool on 26th August 2008, 16:14

yo, wtf. trumpy told me you were busy at work lately or id be pestering you already! I pre-ordered WAR today, would be awesome to stomp some bad guys with you again~ or good guys as the case may be :p
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas on 26th August 2008, 17:27

I am more inclined playing on the good side lately... I dunno, no class on Destruction interests me. That 10GB DL pre-load is killing my sucky DSL lol
Sinthanas
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jecs on 26th August 2008, 17:56

Hey khar, i've been hoping you'd stop by again. Good to hear from you.

I'm not sure if i'll be playing Warhammer (whats this game all about?), as WoW keeps me pretty busy lately. But let me know where you end up, and maybe i'll check it out.

Jecs
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zurasul on 26th August 2008, 19:28

He *was* busy at work =p

But the homo uninstalled AIM and it's quite difficult to contact him without it!

Anyway, I'll likely get it preorder, but I may be a few days after the preorder =p Definitely not playing the good guys!
I lost your email, Khar. What was it~?

Oh this is Trumpy btw~
Zurasul
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tachicar on 26th August 2008, 19:54

i'm on facebook if you want to keep in contact with me. I won't go nuts on these boards out of consideration, but there's several ways to get ahold of me. I uninstalled AIM and installed MSN.

Add Eviscerae@live.com on MSN and we'll go from there Smile

hope to hear from you guys soon.

-Khar/Tachi

tachicar

Back to top Go down

Post  tachicar on 26th August 2008, 20:17

here's the particulars on WAR

It's made by the same guys who made DaOC and is "made" around RvR (realm vs. realm). The game's core centers around PvP pretty much.

The game pulls from Games Workshops Warhammer lore. You have racial pairings and each "zone" i guess you can call them have areas where the PvP conflict happens as well as "scenarios" that can be compared to some of the ones in WoW... but done 8 million times better, IMHO.

I'll leave you with this, though... At the end game... you can take the enemies main city... Destroy it... and kill the ruler of that city... Then sack, burn, destroy and pillage everything for amazing loots.

if you're interested, look it up. The game goes into Open Beta on the 7th and launches live on the 18th.

The guild I'm in is going Destruction and we've already participated in the Closed Beta and Preview weekend stuff.

Ok... i know Yoh hates when people tout other games. I'll stop... I'm just excited about it. Please forgive me Smile

Contact me on MSN if you guys want. Just let me know who it is so I can make the necessary aliases Smile

Take care all. Look forward to hearing from you.

tachicar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool on 26th August 2008, 22:05

not sure how much Destruction is interesting me, the Iron Breakers caught my eye early on and I love playing dwarves. Not a whole helluva lot else standing out on Order side anyways. I suppose I could play a Black Orc or a Chosen as well, for some reason the melee classes are pulling at me this time, who knows.

I really like the lore and was a fan of Warhammer even before I knew of the online game, so am definately looking forward to messing around with this. Also, I like how the company seems to be putting it out when its done, rather than when they need to pay their investors. Bodes well for the game imo.
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangel on 27th August 2008, 02:42

dont worry, we're already talking about this on the member only side Smile

edit: though i'd forgotten that it was mostly pvp. though i'm so horribly bored with wow, i probably wont go with another pvp game. UO kinda ruined that for me forever. i've had my fill of morons trying to ruin other people's fun lol.

i dont think my pos computer can run it anyway Sad

Evangel
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool on 27th August 2008, 08:07

well, i hear its pvp with a twist, ie you can choose NOT to pvp mostly (until end game I would imagine). I generally suck at pvp too, because spot decisions just arent my forte~

sorta the same with me, i need something fresh, as much as I like wow at points.
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas on 29th August 2008, 10:14

Nothing on Destruction side really interests me, but once Open beta starts, I will give it a whirl. Apparently all the kiddies are going Destruction on this one, and having them on Alliance side on WoW, I would like to turn away from that path...

I will give Destruction another look... Shadow Warrior is what caught my eye mostly, but I could look into Chaos or Dark Elves and see what they offer...
Sinthanas
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool on 29th August 2008, 13:21

firstly, elves suck. nigth elves suck, those gay ones from DAoC sucked really really bad, high elves in EQ were pansies, ELVES ARE BAD. And even tho Dark Elves in here look sorta badass wielding 2 swords (Disciple of K), I just can't make myself play them...

Humans...? meh, if i wanted to play a human, I'd LARP. At least the Chosen have incredible armor and look sorta Borg-ish. But twisting is too bard-like and I hate bards; too much work not enough play. Marauders... seems like a rogue in playstyle? Maybe a EQ berserker. The offhand mutation is looking random, I hate random factors. gogo retnoob. The other casters looks squishy and not as interesting, like a been-there-done-that thing.

Greenskins! Ok the Bloack Orc looks impressive. And this is gonna sound weird but... they run funny. Big characters make it seem like you are moving slower to me. And they seem to have a hunchback like trolls, eternal backache?? I dunno, the Orc looked kickass but not sure I can stand the sight of him. I'm weird like that.

DWARVES!! Ironbreaker looks flat out awesome. All the dwarves look awesome actually, even the engineer looks great and I have zero interest in playing him. Tossing Grudges for damage somehow makes me happy, I can see myself deffinately getting into that. I have a few grudges myself, in fact...

I need more information tho, how do these play? Anyone in the Beta that can explain a bit more?
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangel on 29th August 2008, 19:47

ugh, ok , just reverse everything bp said and you'll have my opinion.

i have never been able to force myself to play a dwarf in any game ever. i can play orcs, i can play trolls, i can play freakin NOAMS, but i cannot play a dwarf.

Evangel
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas on 29th August 2008, 20:06

I'm with Eva, I cant stand Dwarves or noams lol Playing them, that is. Although, I do admit the War dwarf does represent a D&D dwarf, so, I am REALLY tolerant to the War Dwarf, they look freaking awesome and very dwarf -like.

My beef with Orcs in War is that the race is the class. I can see that from an NPC POV, like in D&D, 90% of the Orcs you faced were just warrior type grunts. I like being range DPS, not up and personal melee type. I do admit they look cool, as well as goblins, and even though Goblins do get a Range class, meh... I don't like that squig herder class lol I don't want a Pet Class, I want pure range DPS class.

Chaos, I usually stray from playing humans unless obligated (WoW Warlocks Human over Gnome). So, in Humans on any side I won't be looking forward to.

Dark Elves, now, I grew up on Forgotten Realms, and elves has always been my fav race of D&D, and transferred to MMOs. I don't like the Night Elf though... My only beef with teh Dark Elf is that you got 3 classes to choose from, 1 of which is female only (not really a problem) and a Melee and MDPS. DoK look awesome, but again, melee really isn't my thing. If I HAD to play Destruction, I would no doubt choose Dark Elf Sorcerer. I have heard of mixed feelings with the Shadow Warrior, so, hopefully in the open Beta I will test it out for myself, but if I find it lacking, I will try the Bright Wizard (Human, meh) or the Dark Elf Sorcerer. Or I could try out the Archmage (High Elf). But as you can see, I will most likely be Elf. But, War does not really give us many options.

Question on Dwarves, are female versions available at all? I have yet to see one.
Sinthanas
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool on 29th August 2008, 23:02

havent seen a female dwarf. most fantasy says something along teh lines of dwarf women being wayyy in the background. never a fighter type, reminds me of a middle eastern idea of women, silent and out of sight. So i very much doubt there will be dwarf females.

on a similar note, i'm surprised they made a class that can ONLY be a female. I know plenty dont mind a mangina but that seriously makes me not play it all, which is unfortunate.
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas on 30th August 2008, 06:23

Yeah, the Dark Elf Witch is female only. It's elf, so, your good anyway Laughing

If they take it from typical D&D Drow, the female are the strongest and most powerful of the race, by their design. Males are almost worthless to them.

Sucks about the Dwarf female though. Although, we can take Gimli's explication. Both male and female dwarf are as hairy, that it is rumored that they are all males, and that the dwarves just spring up from the ground.
Sinthanas
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tachicar on 31st August 2008, 23:20

there seem to be a bunch of misconceptions floating around, hehe.

Chosen don't twist. There was a rumor that was spreading around to that affect and it got really out of control but it isn't the case.

I was going to play a DoK, but spent some time getting used to it in the closed beta and decided to test drive some other healers.

I absolutely fell in love with the zealot. I just can't say enough about that class.

But here's the thing where i think a lot of people in WoW (through no fault of their own) don't quite understand what WAR is trying to accomplish. The classes are literally nothing like their archetypes say they should be.
As a zealot, my main job is to heal and i get some pretty beefy heals, too. But i also get some of the most wicked AE nukes and AE dots ever. I can Heal-tank most ranged DPS classes and buff everyone in my group.

The skills in this game are geared toward RvR and they're just downright sick.

I'd recomend anyone interested to check out the following sites to get an idea on skills, mastery skills, morale abilities, etc.

if you guys do end up getting into WAR and you decide to go Order (looks like that's where you're heading, anyway) let me know...

I'd love to slaughter you all Smile

tachicar

Back to top Go down

Post  tachicar on 31st August 2008, 23:24

ok, nevermind... guess i can't post links.

www <dot> wardb <dot> com
www <dot> warhammeralliance <dot> com

tachicar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas on 1st September 2008, 10:42

Well, I will need to play around with the DoK and see if I like, that's why I want the open beta to start already, got the client all set up, just waiting for patch server to go up and lets do this thing. I heard mixed feeling about the Shadow Warrior, and the squig herder really does not interest me at all, so, most likely I will decide on a MDPS or a Tank class.
Sinthanas
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangel on 1st September 2008, 12:48

tachicar wrote:if you guys do end up getting into WAR and you decide to go Order (looks like that's where you're heading, anyway) let me know...

I'd love to slaughter you all Smile

No offense, Khar, but thats probably why I won't be there. Not you particularly, just the pvp mindset.

Evangel
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool on 1st September 2008, 14:27

warhammeraliance is what i've been reading. maybe i was looking at an old post about Chosen, they used to be something about twisting auras that lasted 12 secs and you could have like 3-4 going at once if good at it. i havent got in to actually play so i'm just going by what i read.
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool on 7th September 2008, 17:02

what server you playing on, Khar? havent had messenger up much at all...
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Server: Heldenhammer

Post  Sinthanas on 15th September 2008, 14:59

Just for those w/o members access, Heldenhammer is the server we agreed on which will be available tomorrow.
Sinthanas
Recruit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zurasul on 15th September 2008, 17:43

Think they're on Ungrim. Maaaybe Volkmar, but I'm pretty sure Ungrim.
Zurasul
Guild Member
Guild Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

:: Public Chat :: OOC

Permissions in this forum: